Sunday, November 15, 2009

Reflection time! Looking back, above all the skills we've learned and acquired from this course, I find myself looking back with a smile. This was one module I didn't really dread coming to school for! Well, maybe just the part where I have to wake up rather early to make it to school at 10am, but that's beside the point. The point is, this was a class where interactions were aplenty, and I found myself removed from my Engineering formulas and theories and what not. In came conversations, discussions, peer teaching, blogging, MIRC(Team Rocks only), presentations, resumes, cover letters and many more.

It was the people that made this module so enjoyable. Thank you Brad for being informative yet entertaining at the same time! And all my classmates who have actively participated in class, I have truly learned a lot from you guys as well.

What have I learned? I learned that I was so inadequate for what is to come for me in the coming year when I graduate, but now I feel much more confident in preparing myself for the inevitable resume and application letter submissions as well as all the intimidating interviews I will have to go through. I will graduate safe in the knowledge that at least I got a head start on my career! :)

4 comments:

Joshua Chng said...

Haha, you didn't dread coming to class on presentation day? I thought that would've been scarier than being assaulted by equations.

But yeah, learning about resumes and application letters in class made me realise how little I knew about writing them, too. Being able to get some experience in that is great!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joel(you pro-Steve Jobs mac advocate!),

Yes I agree that the 10am time slot was a tad too early! My only gripe! HAHA (: During the few interactions we have had in class, you came across as an easygoing and outspoken classmate with a good command of english. I am sure that with your outgoing personality and the skills we have picked up in ES, you would be more than adequate to face the career challenges ahead. All the best!(:

With Love,
Jasmine

Brad Blackstone said...

Thanks, Joel, for the clear, concise reflection. I appreciate the accolades and the overview. I'm glad that ES "removed" you from the engineering work enough to interest you. I also appreciate the many contributions you made to the class.

Hey..."with love, from Jasmine"?

Was there some communication happening that I wasn't aware of? (just joking lah!)

In any case, best of luck in your future, Joel! :)

ergo baby said...

Might you offer myself several assistance concerning Ergo child provider? I would like a single similar to this. You think can it be ALRIGHT to be able to buy?

Several consumers employed the particular ERGObaby for youngsters when they received somewhat more substantial and also mentioned that ergo baby carrier produced a world regarding variation. It really is rewarded since perfect for having your youngster although carrying out anything at all coming from family duties to be able to using the particular tour bus to be able to perusing museums.

A couple of reviewers identified in which even as it will be ergo baby extremely secure for the kids, at times their particular ergo baby carrier sale youngsters certainly are a tad not comfortable as a result of layout of experiencing the child going through an individual as opposed to out there. Several identified it absolutely was created regarding bigger folks, although some identified it absolutely was far better suited to reduced people.

Considering inside with lower than 3 weight, the particular ERGObaby provider is not going to increase needless volume and also fat for your requirements. In addition, it provides large density memory foam inside the shoulder straps to make certain it won't result in needless tension. Another highlight is the identical memory foam inside the middle belt regarding extra ease and comfort. Consumers identified the particular ERGObaby child provider extremely secure and also point out it gives you fantastic help. The particular lid can be usually mentioned being a fantastic characteristic. Several set this kind of upwards when their particular child comes asleep, or perhaps inside the temperature, and also point out they could wander for hours and also not have any concerns.

Thank you quite definitely!