Sunday, September 6, 2009

Application Letter!

Hello All!

Always wanted to be a teacher, so here are the job details!
______________________________________________________

“Are You The Right One?”

Not everyone can be a teacher. Not only must you have the passion for education, you need to know how to engage the students in their learning, be a good role model and an inspiration to them and prepare them for the challenges of life.

A teacher is the heart and soul of a class, the pulse that keeps a lesson lively and engaging. Teaching as a career is an exciting journey filled with challenges and rewards. You play a critical role in nurturing the spirit of innovation and the passion for learning in our young, grooming them into all-round individuals. In turn, you will grow both as a person and a professional. Come take up this meaningful career and experience the wonders of teaching.

We recognise that our teachers have different aspirations. The teaching profession provides a challenging and enriching career with varied fields of excellence that cater to your talents, abilities and aspirations.

_________________________________________

Chin Jun Yong Joel

Block 111 #01-111
Woodlands Street 11
Singapore 730111

6th September 2009

Mdm Peh Tzu Feng
Manager, Recruitment Unit
Recruitment and Placement Branch
Ministry of Education
1 North Buona Vista Drive
Singapore 138675

Dear Ms. Peh,

I am writing to express my keen interest in joining the Ministry of Education as a teacher. I will be graduating in May 2010 from the National University of Singapore with a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering).

I believe I have the passion and drive to equip students with a good education. Above that, I also believe in empowering students with life skills and not just things taught within a classroom. As a tuition teacher, seeing my students doing well for their exams gives me great pride and satisfaction, not because I delight in my abilities in improving their grades, but rather seeing them embracing learning and placing higher priorities on their studies.

Being a cell leader in Church, I have to lead and mentor 8-12 secondary school boys. I have to look after many aspects of their lives and not just their studies. It could be issues with relationships, CCAs, their involvement in Church and many more. The greatest satisfaction comes when after spending 4-5 years with the boys, you see them growing into better all-round individuals.

When I was a student councilor in my junior college days, I have learnt and developed leadership and organizational skills, and above all these, the ability to communicate with my peers and well as teachers or superiors. The ability to communicate with students as a teacher is very important because it is the teacher that ultimately can inspire students to greater heights.

Lastly, I want to become a teacher because I had great teachers in the past. Teachers who have inspired me to learn new things, take a different path and to stand out in the crowd.

I would welcome an opportunity to further discuss with you my qualifications and how I can be of service to the education ministry as a teacher. Please find enclosed my resume with my contact details.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,
Joel Chin
Enclosure: Resume

____________________________________

(My Address is fake since this can be viewed publicly)

2 comments:

Zheng, Rui said...

Hi Joel,

It is a good letter, and I can feel your passion of being a teacher after reading it.

You organized your letter quite well and state the reasons clearly. I think it would be better if you could add something about your personality, like patience, hardworking, creativity and so on. Moreover, for the leadership part, you may add an example to make it more convincing, as leadership is very important for a teacher.

Joshua Chng said...

Hi Joel,

Reading your letter, I can really see your interest in teaching. I think you conveyed your passion and reasons well, but I think you could add a specific example of a time when you helped a student with advice or with their studies. The same for the teachers you once had, you could mention one specific individual who taught you a lot and made you want to be a teacher.